GRATITUDE – warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received; very thankful.
Welcome to the Blog Party! This week’s topic is Gratitude. This means we are looking for everything and anything on the topic! Tips and tools for encouraging gratitude, gratitude games, lists… old favorites or one of the latest posts, literally Everything and Anything on the topic are all welcome. I’m going to start things off bysharing three posts I think speak beautifully on this topic.
As we wrap up this gratitude week, I just want to say thank you so much for such a great week. I’ve made new friends and been able to celebrate old friends, Chel helped us to take baby steps when gratitude seems allusive and I personally found a bit of closure by sharing my September 11, 2001 story.
Here are my Saturday finds. Check them out and add your own finds in the linky below. Remember NEW and OLD posts by you and others are welcome, just tell us when you are sharing someone else’s work!
- Bliss Your Heart – a weekly Gratitude Practice by Karen Walond of chookooloonks which is published by the parenting site Babble. The feature is called “Bliss your Heart” so of course I liked it even before I read a thing or saw some of Karen’s photos. Go there to be reminded of the little things that make one’s heart sing.
- Tell Them Now - by Erin Pavlina is a wrap up post Erin did after conducting her 30 day Love and Gratitude Trial. In the post she shares several of the Love and Gratitude letters she wrote during her experiment and the impact of those notes. You’ll be getting out a pen and paper when you are done reading!
- Gratitude, And The Reason You Might Never Have Realized It’s Vital For Writers. Written by Brian Hodge over on Storytellers Unplugged for writers specifically but emphasizing the importance of good gratitude manners, which is something we could all use!
Here are the ground rules for this party:
- Share NEW and OLD posts on the topic. This is your chance to share your favorite posts. If they fit the topic and you think we could benefit it doesn’t matter when you wrote it. Wisdom is timeless!
- Share your’s and other’s posts! Ran across a timely tidbit? Let us hear about it too! When sharing someone else’s posts please designate this by putting an *asterisk before the listing and please say submitted by using your name or blog name.
- Leave a comment after posting letting us know why you think the post is worth our time. We are building a knowledge library and your context makes it all the more valuable!
- Have Fun! I hope to make this party a fun and valuable addition to your weekly blog hopping.
Note: This link up list will stay active until NEXT Gratitude Week (December 19th start!) so feel free to add items ANY time until then. I will likely pick a guest feature from the collection so PLEASE don’t be shy about adding your best posts! If you don’t have a blog to share, photos, ETSY collections and essays are most welcome. Let me know if you need help linking them up!
I look forward to visiting all the treasures YOU add to the collection!
P.S. Next week we will be “Speaking of Moxie” and looking for posts and places that will foster this Bliss Habit!
MOXIE – The ability to face difficulty with spirit and courage; vigor; verve; pep.