Extravagant, Fanciful, or Excessively Playful Expression; an Odd or Fanciful Notion.
Welcome to the Saturday Blog Party! This week’s topic is Whimsy. This means we are looking for everything and anything on the topic! Tips, tools, Points of View,Your process, your crafty art projects, literally Everything and Anything on the topic are all welcome.
I’m going to start things off by directing you to three posts I think speak beautifully on the topic.
Check them out andadd your own finds in the linky below. Remember NEW and OLD posts by you and others are welcome, just tell us when you are sharing someone else’s work!
- Lovely Monsters - This is a post is an interview of Gretchen Deahl by Saya Behnam for her terrific visual Design blog, Art Erruption. “How can a monster be lovely? Aren’t monsters, by definition, repulsive? Not necessarily! Gretchen Deahl is a talented artist from Downingtown, PA. Looking at her beautiful illustrations of monsters makes me fall in love with these typically un-lovable creatures.”
- Rustic Way Whimsical House - This one is from one of my favorites, the Tiny House Blog. Have I ever told you I’m
obsessedfascinated with tiny houses? Anyway I digress. This article is about a specific builder of small houses who has a most whimsical design. Check it out!
- Carl Warner’s Whimsical Food Landscapes by Maria Popova for Brain Pickings “Making landscapes out of food seems like a rather unusual thing to do for a living, and people often ask, ‘What made you start doing this?’ It seems that the burning heart of this question is really the curiosity about what it is that motivates any human being to do something out of the ordinary, and my short answer to this is usually a simple, because I had the idea and I chose to do something about it.” ~ Carl Warner
Here are the rules for this party:
- Share NEW and OLD posts on the topic. This is your chance to share your favorite posts. If they fit the topic and you think we could benefit it doesn’t matter when you wrote it. Wisdom is timeless!
- Share your’s and other’s posts! Ran across a timely tidbit? Let us hear about it too! When sharing someone else’s posts please designate this by putting an *asterisk before the listing and please say submitted by using your name or blog name.
- Leave a comment after posting letting us know why you think the post is worth our time. We are building a knowledge library and your context makes it all the more valuable!
- Have Fun! I hope to make this party a fun and valuable addition to your weekend blog hopping.
Note: This link up list will stay active until NEXT Whimsy week (November 14 start!) so feel free to add items ANY time until then. I will likely pick a guest feature from the collection so PLEASE don’t be shy about adding your best posts! If you don’t have a blog to share, ETSY collections and essays are most welcome. Let me know if you need help linking them up!
I look forward to visiting all the treasures YOU add to the collection!
P.S. Next week we will be “Speaking of Serenity” and looking for posts and places that will foster this Bliss Habit!
SERENITY – the state or quality of being serene, calm, or tranquil; composure, peacefulness, peace.
You can win a free copy of the ebook Wimsy for Wendys by entering The Bliss Habits Contest here.
(Once you are entered, every comment left on ANY whimsy post this week is an additional entry!)
If you are new here Welcome!
Please “like” our Facebook Page for more Blissful Discussion!