Since my daughter’s Two Pipe Cleaner Spider Recipe Tutorial was such a hit I thought I’d give a shot at doing one myself. Seriously, I thought it might be a really great time to explain what I consider to be one of the best features I have going on over here on Bliss Habits. I am so moved and excited that so many new folks have decided to start following the blog (Welcome!) and I realize that while I’m over here in my little creative bubble, tossing out new ideas and trying new things, I really haven’t done a very good job of explaining my Saturday Blog Parties.
First, let’s go over the basics. Every Saturday I host a blog hop. The hops are designed with one main idea in mind, which is to give each and every Bliss Habits reader a chance to chime in on the weekly topic. I also hope that those of you who are out there writing your own blogs, find it a welcoming place to share some of your own best work. These hops are a great way for all of us to go back in our archives and revisit our favorite material. I don’t know about you, but it kind of saddens me that I have a couple of really fun posts that if not for the Saturday hops, would remain buried deep down in my archives. I do my best not to repeat themes in the actual posts so bringing things back on Saturday’s allows me to share some of that relevant stuff again.
For example, since many of you expressed how much you enjoyed my daughter’s visit to the blog on Monday, I have decided I will be adding another post in which I share her wisdom to this Saturday’s “Speaking of Creativity” hop (You’ll have to tune in then to see it!) The links are not limited to blog posts either. On numerous occasions I have put together ETSY treasuries on the various topics. If you are an artist and have recently finished a piece of art you would like to share then posting a photo of that art would be excellent (I’ve shared some fun finds in this post as an example!)
Here are the basic guidelines for the weekly parties:
- Share NEW and OLD posts, photos and art on the topic. This is your chance to share your favorites. If they fit the topic and you think we could benefit it doesn’t matter when you wrote it or made it. Wisdom is timeless!
- Share your own and other’s work! Ran across a timely tidbit? Let us hear about it too! When sharing someone else’s posts please designate this and say “submitted by” using your name or blog name.
- Leave a comment after posting letting us know why you think your addition speaks to the weekly topic. We are building a knowledge library and your context makes it all the more valuable!
- Have Fun! I hope to make the Saturday parties a fun and valuable addition to your weekend blog hopping.
Participating in the hops is a great way for our community to get to know each other. Even if you never add any of your own work, we get to know you better when you share your finds.
I use something called Linky Tools to hook up all the posts. The system is pretty straight forward to use. Where says “You are next. Click Here to Enter” you do so and follow the instructions. The item that is most important is the “item description” This is where you tell us what we are looking at and where you found it , if it wasn’t your own work. You will notice in the example below, all the items include (added by BH) to indicate that Bliss Habits added them to our list.
I always start the hop off by adding three items that I think speak really well on the topic. I try to find things that are different from the regular posts I’ve had on the blog during the week. I provide a short description of the post and let you know, if it isn’t already obvious, why I think it is worth your time. This week I chose these three items:
- The 5 S’s: Magic Bullets for Blasting Through Creative Blocks– Great advice from Sue Mitchel of your Muse is Calling for those times when you are feeling stuck. She also offers Creative Juice, creativity prompts to help you create the habit of creative inspiration, go on subscribe now!
- How to be a seriously rad motherfucker– This is a get under your skin, kick your soul into high gear type of post by Johnny B. Truant. I read this post whenever I want a little inspiration about building a great site here. The same information can motivate just about any creative pursuit read it now to ignite any project!
- 9 Extreme Creativity Questions from Peter’s Laws – By Mike Brown, in the Creativity section of Brainzooming. “A sampling of extreme creativity questions you can use to take a big swing at game-changing results.”
I always add these items to the linky list too and you can see these items above as numbers 1, 2 and 3 in my sample Linky below.
Now, you are welcome to add a link to the hop without leaving a comment, and sometimes I even do so myself, but the more effective thing to do would be to tell us why you have shared the item and possibly provide a little context. In my sample below I would have said the following in a comment:
#4 “I fell in love with this beautiful art spirit doll, Moon of Creativity and Loving Protector. She even has creativity in her name!” This entry happens to be an ETSY listing. Bliss Habits is a very ETSY friendly place. Do you have a listing that speaks to this week’s topic? Then by all means share it and tell us why. I respectfully request that only one listing per shop be added each week so we do give everyone a chance!
#5 Love this fun fancy clipboard by Denise Phillips. Now since Denise is having a giveaway associated with this clipboard, and the supplies used to make it, if I were Denise and I had linked this up, I would tell you all about it! Of course since I am NOT Denise you should probably just click on the link to get all the details.
#6 This photo oozes creativity for me and speaks to what I think every creative heart might feel. Now if I had taken the photo myself I might have even more to say, and it is my hope that when you do share your own work you do! This photo entry happens to come from ETSY but a link from any photo sharing site will work in the linky.
Now without further ado, here is this week’s Linky
I will be posting this Linky again on Saturday, for the real hop, but if you are eager you are welcome to add things immediately! If you make a mistake while adding your entries, maybe you misspell something or attach the wrong link… whatever, just let me know and I can always correct it on my end.
If you are someone who doesn’t have your own blog but would like to submit an essay or other written work that doesn’t currently have a web address to share, just let me know and I can help you get that linked up too!
Ok then. That is about it.
This week’s topic is Creativity. This means we are looking for everything and anything on the topic! Tips, tools, Points of View,Your process, your crafty art projects, literally Everything and Anything on the topic are all welcome. If you are reading this now you probably have something that would be a fit.
Consider linking it up right now!
I’ll look forward to seeing you all back here on Saturday… when I’ll likely add a few more surprises of my own!
The #JingleBliss $100 Craft supply giveaway is underway!
If you haven’t entered yet, you might want to head over there now!
If you are new here Welcome!
Please “like” our Facebook Page for more Blissful Discussion!