CELEBRATE – to rejoice in or have special festivities to mark a happy day, event, etc); to praise widely
What it means, how to, how not to, ideas for throwing a good one… really ANYTHING and EVERYTHING on the topic.
I’m going to start things off by directing you to three posts I think speak beautifully on the topic:
- Ten Ideas for Creating Meaningful Holiday Celebration! from Shiloh Sophia Studios. “Here are some simple ideas to bring in the sacred, which may seem challenging at first because we think folks won’t want to do them. Well not everyone will, but some will, and that will be enough. And it is a part of making this day, and all your holy days, your own. Hopefully one of these ideas will inspire you – or inspire you to make up your own ritual for your Holiday feast. I am not suggesting doing all of them, maybe just one…”
- 50 Ways to Celebrate Life from the charming A Bit of Bees Knees. Here’s one “Once in a while be sure to take a leap – a big giant leap- do something that’s scary and watch how life supports you! You’ll never what will happen if you’re too afraid to make a move.” Head on over and don’t miss the rest of the terrific list!
- Celebrating – Why it’s so important to mark the special moments in your life. via Kathryn Markolf’s Good Life Road. “Now I am not in the habit of spending four days celebrating my birthday, or really anything for that matter, but in the past two years I have come to the conclusion that celebrating is an important part of living a happy and balanced life.”
Check them out and add your own finds in a comment or in the linky below. Remember NEW and OLD posts by you and others are welcome.
Here are the ground rules for this party:
- Share NEW and OLD posts on the topic. This is your chance to share your favorite posts. If they fit the topic and you think we could benefit it doesn’t matter when you wrote it. Wisdom is timeless!
- Share your’s and other’s posts! Ran across a timely tidbit? Let us hear about it too! When sharing someone else’s posts let us know that in a comment.
- Leave a comment after posting letting us know why you think the post is worth our time. We are building a knowledge library and your context makes it all the more valuable!
- Have Fun! I hope to make this party a fun and valuable addition to your weekend blog hopping.
Note: If you don’t have a blog to share, photos, ETSY collections and essays are most welcome. Let me know if you need help linking them up!
I look forward to visiting all the treasures YOU add to the collection!