So, tomorrow is my birthday. My darling Sweetie told me that I should not plan on being available for blogging in the morning… a little surprise up his sleeve I guess… You remember I do have the best Sweetie on the planet right? Well, I do! For this reason I’ve decided rather then creating a new round up on humility I’d revisit the first one. So many of you were not reading when this was first published and even if this isn’t the case there is likely something “new to you” in the list anyway!
Thanks for understanding and do enjoy… Stop by the Facebook Page on Sunday and I’ll let you know how my day was!
HUMILITY – The quality or condition of being humble; imitate Jesus and Socrates.
Welcome to the Saturday Blog Party! This week’s topic is Humility. This means we are looking for everything and anything on the topic! Tips and tools for encouraging humility, times you personally showed some or witnessed it, or times when you failed… old favorites or one of the latest posts, literally Everything and Anything on the topic are all welcome.
I’m going to start things off bydirecting you to three posts I think speak beautifully on this topic.
Check them out and add your own finds in the linky below. Remember NEW and OLD posts by you and others are welcome, just tell us when you are sharing someone else’s work!
- The Paradox of Humility – A terrific post from a great new site I’ve recently discovered. Greater Good explores “The Science of a Meaningful Life” and in this post Everett L. Worthington Jr takes a look at humility.
- Love Now: The Power Of “One Banana!” – This inspirational post by Kute Blackson over on The Daily Love will have you immediately looking for ways to share your one banana!
- Humility and Pride – Two Misguided Virtues – In a completely different take on humility (I do like to explore all sides of a topic!) Tania Kotsos of Mind Your Reality explores the Hidden Dangers of Humility and Pride.
Here are the ground rules for this party:
- Share NEW and OLD posts on the topic. This is your chance to share your favorite posts. If they fit the topic and you think we could benefit it doesn’t matter when you wrote it. Wisdom is timeless!
- Share your’s and other’s posts! Ran across a timely tidbit? Let us hear about it too! When sharing someone else’s posts please designate this by putting an *asterisk before the listing and please say submitted by using your name or blog name.
- Leave a comment after posting letting us know why you think the post is worth our time. We are building a knowledge library and your context makes it all the more valuable!
- Have Fun! I hope to make this party a fun and valuable addition to your weekend blog hopping.
Note: If you don’t have a blog to share, photos, ETSY collections and essays are most welcome. Let me know if you need help linking them up!
I look forward to visiting all the treasures YOU add to the collection!
P.S. Next week we will be “Speaking of Surprise” and looking for posts and places that will foster this Bliss Habit!
SURPRISE – A sudden feeling of wonder or astonishment; to come upon or discover suddenly and unexpectedly.
Please also consider nominating someone for the “Who is the Moxiest Person Alive” contest which is underway.