INQUIRY – a seeking or request for truth, information, or knowledge; study, scrutiny, exploration.
Welcome to the Saturday Blog Party! This week’s topic is Inquiry. This means we are looking for everything and anything on the topic! Tips and tools for starting an Inquiry, information about your favorite inquiry … literally Everything and Anything on the topic are all welcome.
I’m kicking things off with a few posts that honor the wonder and curiosity in all of us!
Check them out and please add your own finds in the linky below. Remember NEW and OLD posts by you and others are welcome, I’m really looking for anything that sends us down an inquiring path so please don’t be shy!
- Enjoy Every Sandwich, (A powerful book – review) – By Dwayne Melancon of Genuine Curiosity, a new to me blog who provided this excerpt from the compelling book: “You get to choose the world you want to live in. It can be a house of fear and constriction or a house of mystery and creativity. Do you choose honor and compassion about your frailties and the frailties of others? In your world, will it be the fear of death, or the joy of live? It is that simple.”
- Inquiry as Practice by Katherine Rand of From the Precipice. In this essay we are introduced to the spiritual side of Inquiry. As Voltaire put it: “Doubt is uncomfortable, certainty is ridiculous.”This points to the difference between faith and belief, at least the way I relate to the terms. The former is necessary, embraces doubt, and allows for the kind of questioning which cultivates wisdom, whereas the second is due to a lack of understanding.
- Teaching Philosophy and the Affects on Students Via Kelsey Wilkinson aka @kelseywilk on twitter! My first time introducing inquiry in action! She says “I am working on an inquiry based project in which I will be blogging and doing informal research on the topic of “the teaching philosophy” and would appreciate educators to contribute and share to this “interview” type google doc.” If you are an educator please consider adding your opinions to this ongoing inquiry!
Here are the ground rules for this party:
- Share NEW and OLD posts on the topic. This is your chance to share your favorite posts. If they fit the topic and you think we could benefit it doesn’t matter when you wrote it. Wisdom is timeless!
- Share your’s and other’s posts! Ran across a timely tidbit? Let us hear about it too! When sharing someone else’s posts please designate this by putting an *asterisk before the listing and please say submitted by using your name or blog name.
- Leave a comment after posting letting us know why you think the post is worth our time. We are building a knowledge library and your context makes it all the more valuable!
- Have Fun! I hope to make this party a fun and valuable addition to your weekend blog hopping.
Note: If you don’t have a blog to share, photos, ETSY collections and essays are most welcome. Let me know if you need help linking them up!
I look forward to visiting all the treasures YOU add to the collection!
P.S. Next week we will be “Speaking of Community” and looking for posts and places that will foster this Bliss Habit!
COMMUNITY – Sharing, participation, and fellowship.