SERENITY – the state or quality of being serene, calm, or tranquil; composure, peacefulness, peace.
Welcome to the Serenity Blog Party! The subject is Serenity. This means we are looking for everything and anything on the topic! Tips and tools for finding serenity, peaceful imagery and art, photos of your favorite places… literally Everything and Anything on the topic are all welcome.
I’m going to start things off by directing you to three posts I think speak beautifully on the topic.
Check them out andadd your own finds in the linky below. Remember NEW and OLD posts by you and others are welcome, just tell us when you are sharing someone else’s work!
- Serenity Now – Amazing post from An Unexpected Journey. Adrienne is part Martha Stewart, part children’s advocate, part Christian role model and all just darn good people. In this post I learn that I will never be able to move, or possibly I’ll have to move BEFORE I could ever have my house look this good… truly amazing!! And Serenity inducing too!
- Invitation to Stillness– By Laurie Rosenfeld. Five quick practices to invite stillness. My favorite: Mindful eating. “Remembering to eat, consciously choosing what to eat, and eating mindfully are all ways to invite stillness.”
- Watch Your Breath – from the Traceless Warrior. A completely fascinating conversation about Hosh Dar Dam which can be translated as “watch your breath”, or “Breathe consciously” or “awareness of breath”.
Here are the ground rules for this party:
- Share NEW and OLD posts on the topic. This is your chance to share your favorite posts. If they fit the topic and you think we could benefit it doesn’t matter when you wrote it. Wisdom is timeless!
- Share your’s and other’s posts! Ran across a timely tidbit? Let us hear about it too! When sharing someone else’s posts please designate this by putting an *asterisk before the listing and please say submitted by using your name or blog name.
- Leave a comment after posting letting us know why you think the post is worth our time. We are building a knowledge library and your context makes it all the more valuable!
- Have Fun! I hope to make this party a fun and valuable addition to your weekend blog hopping.
Note: This link up list will stay active until NEXT Serenity week (November 21 start!) so feel free to add items ANY time until then. I will likely pick a guest feature from the collection so PLEASE don’t be shy about adding your best posts! If you don’t have a blog to share, photos, ETSY collections and essays are most welcome. Let me know if you need help linking them up!
I look forward to visiting all the treasures YOU add to the collection!
P.S. Next week we will be “Speaking of Inquiry” and looking for posts and places that will foster this Bliss Habit!
INQUIRY – a seeking or request for truth, information, or knowledge; study, scrutiny, exploration.
If you are new here Welcome! This introductory post will get us acquainted.
Join us on our Facebook Page for more Blissful Discussion!