SURPRISE – A sudden feeling of wonder or astonishment; to come upon or discover suddenly and unexpectedly.
This page is designed to help you cultivate surprise right now. Stop by anytime for tips and inspirational reading on the topic. If you want to read all of the surprise posts go here or return home to see which topic we are studying this week.
Increase your experience of Surprise today by trying one or more of these Surprising Bliss Initiatives:
- Use “bad” surprises as a prompt for creativity. Look for the silver lining in the things that you don’t like and be surprised by your ability to adapt!
- Make someone’s day. Look for opportunities to genuinely surprise someone and make their day.
- Look for small surprises. I intend to be delighted by sunsets and sunrises. Find enjoyment from a wild bird who happens to pause on my lawn. Notice when my family tells me that they love me or when Rob’s kisses or hugs linger a bit longer then usual. If you are playing along with me, see what you can allow yourself to be surprised and inspired about!
- Create fun surprises for my family and friends. This is a no-brainer but still it is a perfect expression for this virtue.
- Surprise blog readers. Obviously this is one for bloggers. If you are not a blogger you can try this by engaging in surprising conversations with your co-workers or friends. Go ahead and do something surprising on your blog. Comment on something you wouldn’t normally say anything about, tell us something about your self which you think might shock us, write something completely off topic… generally shake things up!
**Please note this page is currently under construction. The JOY Resource Page is a good example of how all the pages will ultimately be arranged.
If you have ideas and/or input regarding what you would like to see here or in any of the pages please do let me know!
Also, If you are an artist, blogger, writer, lover of life who has something that would contribute to one or more of the Bliss Virtues and you would like to share your craft and point of view as a guest of this blog please let me know. I am eager to make Bliss Habits a sharing and collaborative space for all Blissful pursuits!***